A Chicago native, Mary relocated to North Carolina in 1978.
After navigating through several homes before "taking root" in Salisbury, she knows the challenges you face as you begin the process of selling and moving out of your current home and finding and moving into your new one.
She is married to Salisbury native, Steve Arey.
Mary has one son, Ken Harmer, her partner in real estate sales & marketing.
Some notes about Mary:
Strengths and skills focus on customer satisfaction.
- Graduate REALTOR Institute - GRI
- Accredited Buyers Representative - ABR
- Licensed Broker since 1979
- Member, Board of Directors, Salisbury Board of REALTORS
- Salisbury-Rowan Association of REALTORS®: Secretary of the Association; member of Public Relations-Community Service Committee, Member of the Multiple Listinng Committee.
- North Carolina Association of REALTORS®
- National Association of REALTORS®
- Rowan/Salisbury (local) Multiple Listing Service - MLS
- Carolinas (regional) Multiple Listing Service - CMLS
- Past member, Board of Governors, Piedmont Players Theatre
- Advisory Board - Salisbury Parks & Recreation Department
- Salisbury Symphony Guild, Member and active volunteer
- WaterWorks Visual Art Center, Member
Graduate of Leadership Rowan - a program sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce to cultivate informed leadership in the community
Drug Awareness Committee Chair for Salisbury Lodge #699 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, coordinating an annual Drug Awareness Essay Contest in local middle schools for seven years
Salisbury Civitan Club, Membership Committee Chair
Thirteen years experience in Human Resources with local industry